- Think about your offering and those you know who would enjoy it. Personal invitations only work when your adventure truly has something to appeal to the person you are inviting.
- Pick up the phone and invite him or her. Tell this person why you thought of them, why you would enjoy their participation and how you can help them make it happen.
- Ask about any concerns this person may have. He or she has probably already heard about your offering. Why have they not registered already? They may have some concerns that can be easily addressed with some simple conversation. If there are no concerns, it may simply be that some people see your ads but don't see themselves as part of your offering until you invite them. That's just the way it is for some folks.
- Phone calls are still best. However, as an alternative to the phone, send a personal invitation via email or even a facebook message. Do not make this a generic broadcast. At this point, each invitation needs to be personally designed for the individual.
- Always let your invitees know you have room for their friend.
A resource for Coaches, Speakers, Authors and Writers, Educators, Practitioners, and all Heart- and Nature-Based Entrepreneurs and Professionals who want to offer Outings, Adventures and Retreats as a profitable part of your business. We appreciate those of you who are making a difference by contributing to the well being of others and the planet.
Let Us Help You ... Take It Outside!
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Last Minute Invitations
If your Adventure Retreat participant numbers are low, just prior to your offering, try personal invitations. Advertising does not always work for everyone. Some potential participants do not see themselves as participants until they are invited, personally.